Monday, July 2, 2007

Rain Speaks about Concert Cancellation

Korean Star Rain Criticizes Promoter After L.A.

CancellationSource: Crienglish

South Korean pop superstar Rain blamed Los Angeles concert promoter V2B Global for technical difficulties that resulted in the cancellation of his performance Saturday night at Staples Center. The date would have been the singer-dancer-actor's lone American date on his "Rain's Coming" world tour.

"The local promoter didn't set up everything," Rain, whose real name is Jeong Ji-hoon, said through a translator. "When I came to the venue, the LED screen couldn't be set up. I have rain falling in the concert -- that couldn't work. When I came to the venue, the stage wasn't set up, there were no lights, no sound. I wanted to do a great show. But yesterday, I couldn't get on stage."

V2B's Chief Executive Andy Kim did not respond to calls seeking comment.

Rain, part of the globally popular "Korean Wave" movement and often referred to as "the Justin Timberlake of Asia," said he felt sad and angry about disappointing fans, some of whom had traveled from Tokyo, Hong Kong and Seoul for the performance.

"I'm feeling ridiculous about the situation," said Rain. "I came here [to Los Angeles] two weeks before the concert, prepared everything and had a press conference. Then the stage wasn't set up I couldn't even sing."

No comments: